Thursday 23 September 2010

Los Locos Was Here

Part 2:

It didn’t take long to realise that getting home wouldn’t be as easy as I’d hoped. With no phone and no money a taxi was out of the question and there just wasn’t anybody about, so I set off walking and hoped for the best.

Twenty minutes down the road I was starting to wish I had planned my journey a little better, I wasn’t even sure I was going in the right direction and I was starting to need a piss. Of course, I could go behind the bushes there were plenty of those about But I knew that as soon as I did that, somebody would drive by. I cursed myself for falling into the honey trap and I cursed her for being so good at being bad, so good.

Eventually my bladder waved the white flag and I moved over to the side of the road. Sure enough, as soon as there was steam, I saw headlights coming towards me. I didn’t even try to hide what I was doing, I just waved him over. He slowed down, stopped the car and wound down his window. I swear this guy was the spit of Bruce Forsyth, so when he asked me “do you need a lift mate?” I thought “Bonus”.

No comments:

Post a Comment