Monday 13 September 2010

Los Locos Was Here

Part 1:


I couldn’t really say how it started; you see I was a long way from home. When I did get to the party, it was already in full swing. There was a clown, a stripper, there was a coy looking fella standing furtively in the corner. He was wearing green suede slip-on shoes and a safari suit. You know, the kind of suit Roger Moore used to wear. But this was no James Bond, and you could tell by the way he looked at the boys he wouldn’t really want to be.

The coy looking fella told me “there isn’t much left”. Well I had work in the morning, so I didn’t really want there to be much left. Still, I took what I could and then thanked him and then “She”; yep, you knew there was going to be a “she” didn’t you? She took me by the hand, she took me upstairs, she took my heart, my wallet and my phone, and then she was gone. I’d been sucked dry in more ways than one.

As I searched the house for my lost love, I heard a scream. It’s not that anybody was hurt, it’s just that word had gotten around that Heath Ledger had died. What better time to leave? As I made my way out, the coy looking fella gave me a nod, as if to say “I knew this wasn’t your bag”, so I nodded back as if to say “have you got any more of that stuff?” and he shrugged, a gesture I took to mean “I might find a little more if you want to take this upstairs..!”

I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment